2018 20th Annual High School All-Star Game
I. Nine Inning Game
A. Saturday June 23rd at GLF Moody Park
B. Game time 5:00 p.m.
C. National League @ American League
D. Players wear their team jersey. This is important.
II. Game Set Up
A. Bat the roster with free substitution
B. Each team will have 27 players
1. Each team will send two players
2. First 3 teams in each league will send 3 players.
3. Each player should play 3 defensive innings.
4. Please email the names, numbers and a couple positions that your representatives play. I will get this to each respective "Head Coach" by Friday evening, June 22nd.
C. Each pitcher pitches maximum of three outs.
D. Wood bats, only. I will provide.
E. Coach of each 1st place team will be the "Head Coach"
F. All coaches are encourages to take an active part in the game.
III.Costs to participate in the All-Star Game
A. Each Coach, player, umpire, fan, family member, scout, etc. has to donate two (2) nonperishable items for our food pantry. There will be a large blue barrel on site for this purpose.
B. Our goal is 750#s for our local pantries
IV. Fun activies and contests will take place on the adjacent softball field. We will start the activities at 10am with the first round of "The 1st Annual Caleb Elliott Home Run Derby."
Please come out to join in the fun.
2018 All-Star Game Activies
1. 9 a.m. - Round 1 of Home Run Derby (Sign-Up 8:45)
Limit of 2 entries per team
2. 10:45 - 3-person team relay, throw OF to Home.
One entry per team
3. 11:15 - Round two of Home Run Derby
4. 11:45 - Throw of OF (1 hop into barrell)
Two entries per team
5. 12:10 - Round 3 of Home Run Derby
6. 12:45 - Baserunning (Home to 1st)
Anyone can enter.
7. 1:20 - Final round of Home Run Derby
8. 1:50 - Baserunning (Home to home)
Anyone can enter
9. 2:15 - Bunting Contest (points for accuracy)
4 players per team?
10. 2:45 - Throwing (4 team player event)
1 entry per team
11. 3:15 - Wheel barrel relay race (4-person event)
Anyone can form 4-person team from their own team
12. Suprise contests for coaches